Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 166 - I'm walking, yes indeed

The walking bridge provides this interesting perspective on the Anglican Cathedral located just east of Fredericton's downtown core.

A converted train bridge, the walking bridge provides much needed access between the city's north and south sides for pedestrians, cyclists, bladers and joggers. On a sunny day like this, the bridge is always busy, especially during the lunch hour when downtown workers get out to stretch their legs.

I like the way the rusting metal struts of the bridge's structure frame the steeple of the church as it rises from the distant trees. The Olympus' autofocus made this a bit of a troublesome shot: I had to give up on my plan to use a short depth of focus to blur out the struts and keep the cathedral spire sharp. No matter how hard I tried, the camera kept finding the struts instead. So I opened the aperture wide and decided to let the composition and colours carry the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment