Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 100 - Drying Dishes

Sometimes your camera surprises you with what it finds in strange places. Today, despite gorgeous weather outside, I spent most of the day indoors, including making a tour of the house with the Olympus.

I took pictures of anything that interested me, from the chandelier in the dining room (no flash) to the monkey cushion on our living room couch (with flash). To my surprise, many of these impromptu, point-and-shoot photos turned out really well.

My favourite, however, was this one. A close up of dishes drying in the rack. I think the curving strip of powder blue makes this shot, especially the way it separates the rounded shapes at the bottom of the frame from the less elegant, glass shapes at the top. I keep going back and looking at the photo and thinking: this is a really interesting picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment