Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 92 - Bridge to Nowhere

I don't know anything of the history behind these stone bridge supports that march across the Saint John River at the foot of York Street in Fredericton. I wish I did. I think they're a really neat part of the Fredericton waterfront.

Looking at this photograph, one would think that the North Side of Fredericton is made up of just a couple of buildings. It looks quite barren over there. Freddie's north side, however, is a bustling part of town and it's growing, at a much greater rate than the south side, in fact.

I played a lot with angle, light and depth of focus while photographing these massive stone walls to try to make them as interesting as possible. I still think they lose a lot of their life when captured through the lens but they are an interesting and picturesque part of Fredericton. And well worth capturing "on film".

No comments:

Post a Comment