Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 107 - Abstract Tree

One of the many great features about Fredericton is its trees. Everywhere you turn you will find massive, ancient trees stretching up toward the sky, trees with as much character as any human being I've met.

I wish I knew more about trees. I wish, for example, that I knew enough to be able to identify the kind of tree that inhabits, dominates in fact, this photograph. I don't, unfortunately, so I am left simply to marvel at the breadth of its trunk and the complex muscularity of its many branches.

I've taken many wide-angle photos of trees and forests but I'm learning that a closer up view, one that centres in on one aspect of the thing, can be as interesting if not more. Here, the texture of the bark and the vivid green of the moss contribute to the beauty of the image. And the small human who inhabits the bottom right corner of the frame seems insignificant by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment