Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 117 - Memories of Snow

Another miserable April day (bitter cold, icy wind, heavy rain) kept me inside and out of sorts, meaning I didn't feel like taking up the Olympus and trying to be creative.

As a result, I decided to dig into the several thousand pictures in my iPhoto database for this blog to find a photograph that I like but haven't used. This image was taken about a month ago when Patti and I decided to take a trip north toward Miramichi, just to see what's up there.

The Miramichi River is well known for its salmon fishing and the city of Miramichi lies only about two hours from Fredericton. We took the scenic route, however, and didn't quite make it there before deciding to turn back.

On our return journey, we enjoyed a brief visit to Doaktown, one of New Brunswick's many interesting small communities. I took this photograph from a driveway near the town's Tim Hortons outlet. I love the shape and colour of the birch trees that centre the image and I like the fact that river itself is somewhere in behind the trees. A postcard more than anything else, I have been quite fond of this photo ever since it appeared on my iMac after the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment