Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 101 - A Walk in the Trees

This photograph makes me feel peaceful inside. Taken during an evening walk at the Provincial Tree Farm (not its official name, I promise you), the picture takes advantage of the flat light from the cloudy sky and the wonderful symmetry of the lines of trees.

I think it captures the gentleness of the evening and the peace of a walk with the dog through the forest. Marlee and Patti have finished playing ball and are now just starting their slow walk back toward the car. In situations like this, the Olympus' automatic settings work very well and I can focus on the composition of the frame. I took about 60 photos on this walk and I think 55 of them were really good. That's what a nice setting, interesting characters and a well-designed auto-program will do for a photographer.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! (I love Patti's coat. You can tell her I said that.) :)

    ReplyDelete