Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 103 - Postcards from the Fred

A postcard shot, plain and simple. With another flat, grey sky to contend with, I had to frame a picture where the interest comes mainly from the subject matter and the composition rather than from anything to do with the light.

Downtown Freddie is rife with interesting old buildings, punctuated by lots of trees. I like this image because of the balance of the two bare trees (foreground left and bottom right) which is echoed in the balance of the two lamp posts with their bulbous white lights. I also very much like the lovely red-brick building that the trees and posts frame, though I'm sad to say the building is mostly empty right now.

I feel like this photo is something of a montage of elements but, because of the balance and the composition, it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment