Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 105 - Bench Warmer

I am still trying to figure out why I like this photograph so much. Is it the shapes of the bench and the fence behind? Is it the warm, honey colour of the wood against the black and grey background? Is it the angled lines that draw your eye up and to the right?

I have found that this blog has changed my way of looking at the world. I now walk through my life thinking about angles and light and focus and framing issues. I was sitting talking to a friend tonight and I couldn't help but think that the way the sunlight came over her shoulder to illuminate one side of her face while leaving the other in darkness would make for a great photograph.

In this case, I think I like this photograph for all of the reasons I mention above. It's just an interesting image, with nice lines and the lovely colour of the bench to make it special.

No comments:

Post a Comment