Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 102 - Barber on Duty

I quite like this picture, taken on York Street in downtown Fredericton. The barber pole adds colour (complemented by the red awning in the bottom left of the frame) while the perspective created by the line of lamps in the background adds some visual interest.

On a cloudy, cool day, there isn't much in the way of light and shadows to make a picture really snappy. As Mr. Freeman suggests, focusing on small details and being aware of the background helps to overcome the lack of dramatic lighting.

If I were to go back and do this photo again, I think I would close down the aperture to try to get more depth of focus: though I like the way they bring a three-dimensional quality to the image, I think the lamps in the background might contribute even more if they were all in sharper focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment