Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 114 - The Table's Set

I like the lines, curves and colours in this photograph of our dining room table set for guests. We've been collecting a variety of nice glasses and dishes for entertaining and, when Patti arranged things so beautifully, I thought I'd try to capture it all with the camera.

I took a series of pictures at first that focused on a single place setting but, in reviewing them on the Olympus' small screen, I found them to lack the visual interest I saw so clearly on the table itself. So I zoomed in a bit, then decided on an angled approach: maybe a cross-section of several settings would capture the vibrancy better. I think it worked. And I just love the colours in this photograph (and in the dishes themselves). It's surprising how well things match, since we've collected them over a period of time, some as gifts from friends and family and some as individual purchases we've made in our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment