Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 93 - Spring Willows

A simply gorgeous day brought blue skies, sunshine and temperatures approaching 10 degrees. A great day for a walk in the UNB woodlot with friends and dogs.

I brought the Olympus in hopes that the sunshine, snow and budding trees would work together to provide some nice opportunities. I think there were a lot of nice pictures to be had out there today: I just didn't seem to be able to get them.

Thank goodness I took some photos of a pussy willow tree (bush?) near the end of our walk. With the bright sun behind them, the willow buds provided their own dramatic lighting.

While the limbs and branches remain fairly dark, the furry buds themselves are brought alive by the sunlight streaming through them. I purposely kept the shutter speed up to accentuate the contrast and I think it worked out fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment