Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 116 - Daffodils in Spring

Okay, so I've come to like photographs of flowers. Sue me. In this case, as I walked home along my usual route, I found this lovely, practically perfect daffodil, all by its lonesome, at the side of a house.

It's harder to photograph than you might think. I still haven't figured out all the programs on the Olympus, including the one for close-ups like this, so I was forced to do my best with the autofocus and zoom. I took a number of shots that just didn't work out at all but this one I liked.

I don't think my efforts were helped much by the constant stream of pedestrians who walked past, many of whom clearly thought I was out of my mind for taking the picture. Oh well, I never really cared what people thought of me anyway.

The breakthrough for the photo came when I took careful pains to steady myself as a platform for the camera, rather than just trying to squat, point and shoot. The camera also has an anti-shake function but I'm not sure how effective it is when the photographer is actually falling over while taking the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment