Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 113 - A Bunch of Grapes

Sometimes it pays off to leave your camera lying around at a party. We had some friends over last night and the Olympus somehow became part of the scene.

Imagine my surprise when, in downloading the photos to the computer this morning, I found a series of extreme closeups of myself eating grapes. And great shots they are.

It's like the photography elfs helped me with my homework. What impresses me most about this picture, which I believe was taken by our friend Lisa, is the fact that the individual grapes are in perfect focus but my hands, holding the small bunch and providing a frame for the image, are both just fuzzy enough to make it interesting. Even neater, my hands are located not only on the right and left of the picture, but also front and back: the hand on the right is between the grapes and the camera while the hand on the left is behind the grapes.

That's a pretty great auto-focus function at work.

I did absolutely nothing to this picture in iPhoto. This extreme closeup is exactly the photo Lisa took. And I think it's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment