Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 120 - The Olympus Says Hello

A strange photograph for today's entry, taken at the Fredericton Airport a couple of nights ago.

I was testing the set up to try to take a picture of the plane that would fly Patti to Toronto. I placed the Olympus on the window ledge in the Arrivals areas of this tiny airport and experimented with various settings to try to get a clear, well-lit photo of the tarmac outside the terminal

What I didn't consider was how much impact the light behind me would have on the image. When I looked at the photos later, I realised that the camera itself was blocking out that backlighting, allowing it to see out the window, through its own reflection. Cool, eh? Too bad the pictures of the plane were not so interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment