Thursday, April 7, 2011

Page 97 - The Image of Trees

For some reason, I've grown quite fond of photographs like this one. The bright, bright afternoon sun cast crisp, dark shadows on the brick wall of this building, making for an interesting contrast of light and dark, red and black, curves and straight lines.

I'm now at day 97 of this year-long photographic journey and, to be honest, I'm running out of ideas for winter-scene pictures in Fredericton. I am coming to the realisation that I am going to have to start planning my photos, rather than just finding something of interest every day as I wander through life.

It's amazing how patterned my life is. I walk the same streets every day, go to the same buildings, see the same things. On good days, that patterning adds some challenge to the task of finding and taking interesting pictures; on others, however, it makes life really hard. I'm looking forward to a change of weather and a chance to travel further afield to find my shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment