Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36 - Sunshine and Ice

I walked all around this tree and this icicle, trying to find the perfect angle. With the sun still rising in the clear blue sky, the light was beautiful but I wanted to make sure I got the right combination of sparkle from the icicle and drama from the background.

I think I got what I wanted with this picture.

I am particularly pleased with the sharp focus on the needles and ice in the foreground, then the soft focus of the background (a snow-covered rooftop). The sparkle in that background snow is an unexpected bonus and I think the small patches of blue that peek through the trees add a nice touch as well.

As I said a couple of days ago, sunshine equals good pictures and I think today's shot is further proof of that axiom.

No comments:

Post a Comment