Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44 - Coffee Break

I think I'm happier with this photograph than it deserves. Taken at a local coffee shop (Coffee and Friends on King Street in Fredericton), this picture reduces a fellow coffee drinker to three constituent parts: a hand holding the newspaper, a hand holding his coffee cup and his nose.

I'm not sure if I think it's art or hilarious or a bit of both. The odd thing about the photo is that, while I did do a little cropping to it in iPhoto, I cut off the left side of the frame, not the right. I actually blocked the man out of the frame on site, leaving only the three remaining bits. I'm weirdly proud of this photo and I don't really know why. For some reason, I feel it captures (for me at least) the essence of the coffee break.

No comments:

Post a Comment