Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58 - A Photographic Enterprise

I liked this window display when I first saw it and have enjoyed it every time I've walked past. I wish I could remember the name of the store but it always slips my mind: it's a science fiction, comic book and memorabilia store in downtown Fredericton that's filled with neat things.

I find it interesting to take pictures of window displays in shops, mostly because I think of it as me adding my creativity to the creative efforts of someone else (namely, the person who set up the display). Sometimes, you want to capture the window exactly as they set it up. Sometimes, however, you want to frame your shot to re-create the image, to focus attention on an interesting detail or two. In this case, I like the angle of the spaceship and its busy location in the window. I also like the green guy in the bottom left corner. I wonder what Captain Kirk would do if the Enterprise ever encountered him in outer space.

No comments:

Post a Comment