Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 43 - Foosball Abstract

Sometimes interesting photography comes simply from looking at commonplace objects differently.

For example, I really like this close-up picture of a foosball table at one of the residences on campus at the University of New Brunswick. By placing the camera very close to the blue players in the foreground, at about their level, I have created what I think is a very intimate shot of the game. The focus in on the red men in the second row, meaning both the blue players and the ball (in the back) are just slightly fuzzy which creates an interesting effect.

I tried photos like this without using the flash but the result was a bit of a dimming of the colours so I went with the flash-aided picture. The clarity and vigour the flash brings combines with the intimacy of the close-up framing to bring new life to an old past-time. I think it gives a new perspective on the game, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment