Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38 - Street Scene

We had a hard time choosing a photograph today, not because we had so many fantastic pictures from which to choose but because, out of the 30 or so I took on my walk home, not one jumped out at us as rising above the rest.

That being said, I'm still quite fond of this picture. I think the house on the right, with its red-brick fence and cream-coloured trim, is quite beautiful but, when I take photographs of it straight on, the camera tends to flatten it and render it rather mundane.

By changing the angle, by moving the fence and house to the right side of the frame, I think I've managed to capture some of the beauty it possesses. The white snow brings out the red in the brick and I hope the whipped-cream topping on each of the fence "posts" adds a little whimsy as well. I also like the colour of the home on the left of the picture, a nice counter-point to the brick's reddish tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment