Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 46 - Back to the Coffee Shop

Apologies that I didn't get out to take new photographs today. I'm afraid a combination of awful weather and ill health kept me indoors and inactive for the day. So I offer another interesting picture from my recent visit to Coffee and Friends in downtown Fredericton.
This still life features a porcelain mug and a steel tea pot, neatly arranged and served up in low-light conditions. Once again, by forcing the shutter to remain open longer, I feel I've added a depth and richness to the colours of the objects in front, a warmth almost (if you can call off-white and burnished steel warm).

I'm also pleased with the composition of the picture, with the rounded shape of the mug's handle matching the plump tea pot in behind, both of which contrast with the straight line of the side of the mug itself. The shine of light on both objects works for me and I'm particularly pleased that I managed to avoid including the ugly drip of coffee that mars the side of the mug just to the left of the picture's edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment