Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 - Heart Health

Close ups of small objects can often provide interesting results. In this case, my daily regimen of pills (Omega 3, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin D and low-dose Aspirin) for heart-health reasons becomes a neat little arrangement of shapes and colours.

I tried to take the photo without using the Olympus' built-in flash but I just couldn't get enough natural light on the subject to make it work. Then the auto-focus started acting up on me so I ended up having to take a fairly distant shot and then crop out the excess table-top in iPhoto. I think the camera has a close-up photo program somewhere inside but I was too lazy to find it for this one picture. I almost used one of the out-of-focus shots for today's picture: the combination of the flash and the blur made for an interesting, star-like quality. I settled on this shot, however, because I like the arrangement of the pills (they actually dropped that way onto the table) and the tiny round one that managed to stand on its side for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment