Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 85 - The Spice of Life

Back on the theme of watching for close-up and detail shots to add variety to my photographs, I was at first captured by the lovely aroma rising from this spice mix on the stove yesterday.

Patti was making a dish called Aromatic Corn and had added a cinnamon stick, some whole cloves, several cardamom pods, a couple of bay leaves and a bunch of green mustard seeds to some hot olive oil. The smell was wonderful and, when I glanced in the pan, I found the visual presentation just as appealing.

I grabbed the Olympus (just in time, since the mustard seeds were about to pop) and left it on automatic, with built-in flash, to get this shot. The final product? Spectacular. Absolutely delicious. And the picture's pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment