Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 82 - Obligatory Cloud Shot

I spent some time on my lunch hour, trying to capture the clouds. I wanted to photograph some of the details on the billowy clouds that were scudding across the Fredericton sky, despite the uneven light they themselves were creating.

I am pleased with this photograph because I believe it depicts some of the drama and beauty of these clouds, without losing entirely the detail of the earthbound objects that frame them. I could have used iPhoto to lighten up the buildings and trees a bit but I chose not to. I want them to remain as they are: dim, not quite faceless shapes that try but fail to catch the clouds and contain them. The automatic settings on the Olympus failed me so I had to adjust the aperture and shutter speed on manual to avoid overexposing the clouds. I'm quite happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment