Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 76 - Inside Out

Reading so much about light has gotten me looking at photography in different ways. I woke up this morning to find a lovely, soft illumination coming from the rising sun. As expected, it cast long, raking shadows and brought out the textures in objects (like snow, tree bark, etc.).

I grabbed the camera and took some shots, looking for any scene that might benefit from this wondrous light. As usual, though, when I loaded the results on my computer, I was surprised by the one that jumped out at me: this image, taken through the half-closed curtains in our "green room" of the sunlight on the gnarled old tree in our front yard. I think the two dark bars of the curtains add drama, while the white window frame gives added shape and dimension.

I took several shots of the tree by itself in the sunlight, without the frame, but they seemed kind of bland. So I decided that this one was best for the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment