Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 89 - An Etiquette Lesson

I had my first photo-blog incident today. The first photo I took as I walked from my work to the bus stop was of a dog sticking its head out of a car window. After snapping some more shots of my favourite church (Wilmot) with its head in the clouds, I spotted another dog, this one sitting at attention by a table on the patio of a local coffee shop.

I stopped, zoomed in and snapped a picture of the dog. Then a man, whom I had not even noticed, got up from a table on the same patio and sprinted across the street toward me. "Hey," he said, "You've just taken my picture without my permission and I consider that very rude."

I said, "I'm sorry but I didn't take your picture."

He glared at me. "I saw you. You pointed your camera right at me."

I smiled. "I'd be happy to show you all the pictures I've taken to prove to you I didn't take any shots of you."

"No. That's fine."

"Well, I'm sorry you ran all the way over here for nothing," I added as he turned to trot back across the street.

Then, this man who felt he needed to run about a hundred yards to teach me a lesson in polite behaviour, turned back and told me to "F--- Off". At least I'm learning from a master.

So I took a whole bunch more shots, none of him of course, and came up with this interesting little image of the upper floors of King's Place Mall, their windows reflecting the clouds in the blue sky, the lines of the windows creating an interesting feeling of perspective.

And the building didn't swear at me once!

No comments:

Post a Comment