Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 86 - Red Sky at Morning

There's an old saying: Red sky at night; sailor's delight. Red sky at morning; sailor take warning.

So this red-tinged scene that greeted me this morning forewarned that we'd be having a stormy day today. Windy and cold but with a brilliant blue sky and lots of sun. Despite the bitter wind, I'm not going to complain.

And I'm pleased with this picture. The sun is just starting to push through the trees, leaving strips of red light on the snow in the yard. I took a couple of shots of this scene with the Olympus on automatic but it washed out the colours while trying to get enough light. So I switched to manual and forced it to accept the low-light conditions, ignoring the flashing warnings of the internal light meter.

I think it's a pretty good result. A nice shot which captures the early-morning red in the sun's light.

No comments:

Post a Comment