Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 78 - Parsley In Sunshine

A friend of ours saw this bouquet of parsley on our window sill and exclaimed: "You can't leave parsley in bright sunshine: it will wilt more quickly!"

She's probably right. But I left the parsley there anyway, at least for a couple more minutes. Just long enough for me to photograph the lovely way the direct sun brought out the colour, shape and texture of the leaves. Once the picture-taking was finished, however, I moved the parsley to a dimmer, safer place.

For me, this photograph is a medley of focuses, of the shades of green that are brought out by the light and shadow, of the many different shapes of the leaves and stems and of wonderful textures of the tops and bottoms of the petals and the barrels of the stems. I used the zoom to get in close enough; the shots from a greater distance proved less detailed and less interesting. As I said before, I'm trying to learn to see opportunities for these close-in, detailed shots and I'm more and more pleased with the results.

1 comment: