Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 72 - The Photo Theme

My very kind sister and equally kind brother-in-law gave me two wonderful presents for my recent birthday, which are quite topical for this blog.

First, Michael Freeman's guide for photographer's like me: The Photographer's Eye Field Guide. I've only started delving into it but so far it's really interesting and helpful. The second gift is the interesting object on the left: a travel mug in the shape of a camera lens. And if Lynn and Gavin hadn't been wise enough to have a tea bag tag hanging out of it, we'd still be thinking it was a real lens. Very realistic.

I believe Mr. Freeman would approve this picture. The play of light and shadow is interesting, bringing to life the colours in the book, the cup and the table cloth and making what is at best a "product shot" worth looking at, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like it. I thought the tea bag tab was a good hint as to what it was! It's very convincing, isn't it? Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete