Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 90 - Wilmot Again

It would seem that I've fallen in love with Wilmot United Church at the corner of King and Carleton Streets in downtown Fredericton.

I find myself returning to it day after day, filling the Olympus with dozens of pictures of its black and white frame, its blunted tower, its severe lines. On this day, the brilliant blue sky and the billowy clouds provided a wonderful backdrop for the steeple. I love the way the two halves of the image complement and contrast each other, how the soft lines of the clouds enhance the effect of the parallel lines of the grill in the tower and the wood slats of the walls.

I am, of course, realising that I am going to have to start to plan trips to take photographs of other aspects of this city. I can't imagine anyone wanting to come back day after day to see pictures of any church, no matter how lovely. So I will work harder to find new subjects. But I can't guarantee that I won't come back to Wilmot again before the year is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment