Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 62 - More Reflections

I am surprised by how much I like this picture. I took it while standing on a street corner in downtown Fredericton, waiting for Patti to pick me up. The day was bright and cold and the image of Wilmot United Church, a central icon of this city, danced in the windows of the Scotiabank opposite.

I just had to wait for the buses to get out of the way in order to take the picture. I know that reflection shots can get a little boring as a concept but I find this one to be quite alive and interesting. Wilmot is a gorgeous old church and I think it gets an interesting boost from the windows of the bank.

I took a couple of shots that were closer up (that cut off much of the bank building itself) but those pictures didn't seem as interesting. I think what makes this photo neat is that it looks like the church has somehow merged with the bank. It's interesting too that the sky above the bank building is not as deep blue as the sky in the reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment