Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 66 - Farm Art

And now for something completely different: farm art. Try to take a complicated machine, frame it in an interesting way and end up with a piece of abstract art.

I'm not sure I am entirely successful in this effort but I'm still fairly happy with the picture. I like the rust-red colour of the machine, the weight of the black tire in the bottom right corner and the complexity of the shapes of whatever this machine is. It's got something to do with hay threshing or baling but I don't know exactly what.

We're in the misery of the melt in Fredericton, with temperatures above zero and a steady rain, making it difficult to be inspired about anything. Spring might be right around the corner but there's a flood to deal with first.

No comments:

Post a Comment